This Online Privacy Statement is an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, and how the use of this information can benefit your experience on our website and during your relationship with us. The information outlined below will assist you in making informed decisions while doing business with us.
Global Serviced Apartments, a New York Corporation, dba Global Luxury Suites (hereafter referred to as GLS), values you as our customer and recognizes that privacy is important to you. GLS is dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your “personally identifiable” information. We are committed to using our customers’ information only in a responsible manner. We are committed to respecting your privacy and adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws.
We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information. This Privacy Statement describes GLS’s privacy practices in connection with information that we collect through the www.globalluxurysuites.com (Website) from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”), through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”), through email messages that we send to you that link to this Privacy Statement, and through your communications with us and when you do business with us (collectively, including the Website, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, the “Online Services,” and together with offline channels, the “Services”). By providing Personal and Other Information to us, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
Collection of Personal Information
GLS does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse our Website unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide such information. This means that we will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information just because you browse a GLS Website unless you:
- access a Website from a link in an email that we sent;
- log into your GLS extranet account
- have created a profile and log-in when you access a Website.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We may collect Personal Information such as:
- Name, gender, home and work address, telephone number and email address, your business title, date and place of birth, nationality, Social Security, passport, visa or other government-issued identification information, salary;
- Your stay information, including the properties where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, information and observations about your service preferences (including apartment type, facilities, holiday preferences, amenities requested, ages of children or any other aspects of the Services used);
- Telephone numbers dialed, or receipt of telephone messages when connected to the telephone services we may provide during your stay;
- Credit and debit card number;
- Employer or other relevant details if you are an employee of a corporate account, a vendor or other type of business partner (e.g., travel agent or meeting and event planner);
- Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. relocation companies, your employer, travel agents or similar providers);
- Profile picture;
- Social media account ID or user ID;
- Information regarding furniture you are leasing or purchasing;
- Information pertaining to a job application;
We and our partners may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through Our Website: We may collect Personal Information when you sign a lease or otherwise purchase goods and services from us, communicate with us via online chat services, inform us of any special requests or preferences you may have, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey, contest, or promotional offer.
- Through Our Offline Services: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you visit one of our offices, sign a lease with us directly, or contact customer service.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and other third parties. This may include information from your travel agent, airline, credit card, and other partners, and from social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected). For example, if you elect to login to, connect with or link to, our Online Services using your social media account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
When we do need to collect Personal Information from you, we will ask you, your employer, your relocation company or travel agency to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. You may be offered the choice not to submit your personal information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. However, doing so may cause certain transactions to become affected. For example, failure to provide your name will prevent the processing of leases.
If you submit any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our partners in connection with the Services (e.g., if you make a reservation for another individual), you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Use of Personal Information
We may use Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- To provide the services you request, such as to facilitate leases, send confirmations or pre-arrival messages, to assist you with special requests, and provide you with other information about the area and the property at which you are scheduled to stay.
- To complete and fulfill your reservation and stay, for example, to process your payment, ensure that your apartments is available, and provide you with related customer service.
- To provide you with a copy of your invoice or statement via email. If you facilitate a lease for another person and provide your email address for that lease, that person’s bill or statement will be transmitted to your email address as well. It is your responsibility to inform that person that his or her invoice or statement will be emailed to you, unless he/she makes alternative arrangements during the stay.
- To send you administrative information, marketing communications, promotional offers, periodic customer satisfaction, market research or quality assurance surveys.
- To personalize your experience when you stay in one of our hotels and with respect to the Online Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and other promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
GLS will never sell your Personal Information to third parties or allow its use in any manner except with the purpose to reasonably ensure and permit the business relationship that you wish to conduct with GLS. Your Personal Information, when we have your consent to do so, may be disclosed in connection with the following services:
- Leases and Reservation Agreements: The Personal Information you provide to us for signing a lease or a reservation agreement, is made available to the applicable property for the purpose of providing your apartment stay. After your stay we retain your Personal Information including details of your stay, preferences, apartment type and amenities used.
- To Service Providers: We may disclose Personal Information to our third party service providers who provide services such as apartment cleaning, parking spaces, check-in and apartment services at a property, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
- Invoices: If you seek to have your rental or service charges invoiced to your employer or any other third party, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to that employer or third party and to any companies that assist the third party in processing invoices such as credit card companies or travel agents or agencies.
- This Privacy Statement does not apply to the handling of your Personal Information by your employer, any credit card companies, banks or their respective agents, and we are not responsible for their practices.
- Third Party Communications: when we communicate with employers, relocation companies, travel agencies, companies or organizations who have made reservations, agreed to make payments, arranged for discounts, or purchased services on your behalf or if you use our services under a corporate or other commercial account; when we report to credit card issuers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies and debt collection agencies, but only to the extent necessary to comply with contractual agreements;
- Through Social Media: We may disclose your Personal Information to your friends associated with your social media account, to other website users and to your social media account provider, in connection with your social sharing activity.
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information to personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Website and third party marketing activities; monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities;
- We may disclose your Personal Information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, and otherwise in our good faith belief that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate any Website properly, or to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity;
- Corporate Reorganization: We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings;
- In case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual. If personally identifiable information is shared as mentioned above, we will limit the scope of such information that is furnished solely to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. We may confirm personal information you provide us on applications and forms, or as a resident of one of our communities, with third parties, such as your bank, employer, present mortgage company or landlord, utility providers, government entities, credit agencies, and other businesses where you have an account or a credit card. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require third parties to protect your personally identifiable information in a similar manner as set forth in this Privacy Statement, and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- International Visitors and Data Transfers Across International BordersThe nature of our business and our operations may require us to transfer your Personal Information, to other group companies, properties, centers of operations, data centers, or service providers that may be located in countries outside of your own. Although the data protection and other laws of these various countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country, GLS will take appropriate steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected and handled as described in this Privacy Statement.
Collection of Other Information
GLS may collect Other Information that does not disclose your Personal Information, including information such as the browser and type of device you are using, app usage data, data collected using cookies, pixel tags or Web beacons to obtain information while visiting our Website. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Statement.
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
- Through your use of the Apps: When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small text file created by a website that is stored your device. It creates a unique identifier for your computer that is recognized whenever you use one of our Websites in the future. Cookies provide a way for the website to recognize you and keep track of your preferences. We and our service providers use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to collect statistical information, to personalize your experience while using our Website and to recognize your device in order to assist your use of the Website. We also gather statistical information about use of our Website in order to continually improve their design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions regarding them.
GLS’s cookies are created by our Website only, and are not designed to be used on the Internet after leaving one of our Website. We track the usage of our Website in order to better meet your needs and to help make it easier for you to find information in the future.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Online Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Use and Disclosure of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your location). If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
- Third Party Services: This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which the Services link, third party payment services, or any third-party website that is the landing page of the high-speed Internet providers at our apartments. The inclusion of a link on the Online Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, this third party’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer.
- Third Party Advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Online Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Online Services and other websites or online services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice, and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/. You may download the AppChoices app at aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in mobile apps.
GLS recognizes the importance of information security, and is constantly reviewing and enhancing all technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. We use reasonable methods to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. After information reaches GLS, it is stored in an encrypted format on secure servers that reside behind firewalls designed to block unauthorized access from outside of GLS. Although guaranteed security does not exist either on or off the internet, we safeguard your information using both procedural and technical safeguards, including the use of a Network Solutions Certificate Authority. GLS secures the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment. When Personal Information (such as a credit card number, or other financial information) is transmitted through our website, it is protected through the use of encryption by way of a Network Solutions’ service known as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption method used to help protect your data from interception and hacking while in transit. GLS protects against unauthorized access of this data by using both technology and comprehensive security policies.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices, Access and Retention
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by by following the instructions in any such email you receive from us. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative and transactional messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information:
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us at privacy@globalluxurysuites, or:
Global Luxury Suites
2 Perlman Drive Suite 202
Spring Valley, NY 10977
United States of America
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Retention: Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, national identification number, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you sign a lease with GLS, we must maintain your Personal Information until the lease ends). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain information to which we are unable to enable you to review, for legal, security, or other reasons. Although we will make no more marketing use of information you have asked to be deleted, occasionally, information that you request to be removed will be retained in certain files for a period of time in order to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. In addition, some types of information may be stored indefinitely on back-up systems or within log files due to technical, financial or legal requirements.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Cross Border Transfers
GLS performs business transactions worldwide. Sharing information cross border is essential to the Services so that you receive the same high quality service wherever you are in the world. As a result, we may, subject to applicable law, transfer Personal and Other Information collected in connection with the Services, to these entities in countries where information protection standards may differ from those in the country where you reside. By signing a lease or reservation agreement, staying at a GLS apartment or using any GLS service, you understand that we may transfer your personal information globally.
GLS strives to keep all our customers and visitors informed and equally able to take advantage of the benefits offered by GLS. However, if you reside outside of the United States, certain data privacy regulations may require us to obtain your permission before we send you information that you have not requested from us.
The Website is hosted in the United States and are intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use any Website from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your Personal Information on any Website you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing. GLS may limit the availability of any Website or any service or product described on any Website to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access any Websites from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we will transfer your information to the United States.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
GLS is committed to protecting the privacy of minors. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), we ask that you do not use the Website. GLS does not seek to obtain, nor does it wish to receive personally identifiable information directly from minors; however, we cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our Website. If we do learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on any Website from a minor and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your minor child has obtained an account on Website or has otherwise provided personally identifiable information, you may alert us at privacy@globalluxurysuites, and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our Website.
Updates to This Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement. The “LAST UPDATED” date at the top of this page indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Website. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
Global Luxury Suites
2 Perlman Drive Suite 202
Spring Valley, NY 10977
United States of America
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card, government identity numbers or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
Last Updated on 2018-05-24